I was tagged by precious Alicia @ Confessions of a Snowflake and she is very kind and always has a word of encouragement to share. Her blog is truly authentic and inspirational. Alicia – thanks again.
I am asked to share 7 things you may not know about me. Here I go:
1. I speak more than one language. I can read and write French and also speak Creole. I came to the US when I was 16 years old. Needless to day, it was a total culture shock as a newbie from the Caribbean. I’ve adjusted somewhat after close to 20 years but would like to believe that I am old fashion kind of a girl.
2. I am the only girl of 6 children but I do have a half sister.
3. I grew up Catholic and was an altar girl for years. Back then – my school required that we all attend mass every Sunday and it was counted as part of school attendance.
4. I can eat a 16 oz jar of peanut butter in 2 days. I haven’t done that lately because you know what could happen if I keep it up. I like the Skippy crunchy kind and it’s even better with a glass of OJ or cold lemonade. I try not to buy it because truly I do not have the willpower to walk pass peanut butter and not eat it. To help alleviate the addiction, I buy the one I do not like for the family.
5. After graduating college in 1997, I went for a Microsoft Certificate program and had to learn all aspects of this indispensable machine called a ‘computer’. I brought all the required parts and put a computer together from scratch. I used it for years prior to replacing it. I just might do that again considering parts are much cheaper now. I just upgraded the memory on my laptop and I can’t believe how cheap it was – from eBay of course. I will embark on that mission to put another one together for my son who’s been asking for a computer of his own lately.
6. My middle name is Francesca which I chose after watching the movie (The Bridges of Madison County). I officially added it as part of my name in 1996. But the main reason I chose it is because my first boyfriend which I believe was my soul mate died in a car accident – and his name was Frantz – a memorial to him. He is one of a very, very few people that I know loved me beyond the shadow of a doubt. I will forever remember him. I can’t wait to see Jesus face to face and he comes second.
7. I was a straight A student all the way through my junior year in college. I have no idea what happened. Perhaps, it was because I realized that I didn’t want to become a doctor after all. Growing up, everyone thought I ought to be one – so I never gave a second thought as to what I wanted to study. My undergrad major was Biology and in my junior year, I had a wake-up call that I was fulfilling other people’s dreams and their expectations of me and not my own. Years later- full of grey hair – I am still trying to figure out who I want to be. I am getting there slowly but surely.
I now pass on the baton to 7 other bloggers that I have enjoyed getting to know. A few of them I have recently met. Please feel free to join in or if you are pressed for time – I truly understand.
Ms. China @ A Free Spirit Butterfly
Br. Wilson @ Halleluhah
Toia @ Designer’s Original
Kim @ Grafted By Grace
Stacye @ Standing Able
SLC @ Perspective
Thanks for playing along